OUTniagara is seeking new Board Members!
OUTniagara is looking for candidates to join our Board of Directors and there are currently FIVE positions available!
- Board Application Link: www.surveymonkey.com/r/outniagaraboardapplication2021
- Deadline for submitting your Board Application: Friday October 1st, 2021 at 11:59pm
- To apply for the OUTniagara Board, you need to be an OUTniagara member in good standing. To complete the membership form, please go here!
Grounded in principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression, we recognize and encourage applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit; Black: Persons of Colour; Persons with Disabilities; Newcomers; and People who have experienced or are experiencing poverty and/or housing insecurity.
As a Board Member, you can expect to participate in a wide range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Attending and participating in monthly board meetings
- Attending special board meetings as they arise
- Actively participating in board discussions and decision-making
- Sitting on at least one board committee
- Representing the organization at public events
- Planning for the future of the organization
For more information on the OUTniagara’s history, partnerships, and projects currently being worked on by OUTniagara, please review our FAQ!
What we’re looking for in Board Members:
Because of our commitment to Niagara’s sexual and gender-diverse community, we are looking for persons with lived experience who identify as part of the 2SLGBTQQIA+ and our Allies to be a part of our Board of Directors.
Board Members are required to serve a 1 or 2 year term (based on Board compliment and requirements), with an average monthly commitment of 10 to 15 hours. Hours include attendance at our monthly board meetings on the second Monday evening of each month (subject to change as agreed by the new Board), participation in at least one committee, and supporting our local 2SLGBTQQIA+ community and beyond by amplifying the voices of our community, acting as a public policy advocate and helping to build relationships within the community.
We are especially interested in people with existing skills or experience in the following areas:
• Board Governance (Bylaws and Policy Development)
• Fund Development (Donor and Government Relations)
• Human Resources Management
• Non-Profit Financial Management
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.