OUTniagara Conflict Prevention and Resolution Consultant Posting
Position: Conflict Prevention and Resolution Consultant
Tentative Start Date: December 2022
End Date: January 31, 2023 (tentatively)
Location: Niagara region
Position Type: Contract
Deadline to submit proposal: Friday, November 11, 2022 at 4:30pm ET
Summary of Role
Working with OUTniagara’s Board of Directors, Project Coordinator, and Project Assistant, the Consultant will work within an anti-oppression, anti-racism, equity, and inclusion lens to develop essential Conflict Prevention and Resolution policies and protocols for OUTniagara.
You do not need to have a formal consulting firm, agency, or business to be considered a qualified candidate for this position. Likewise, studies have shown that candidates from historically and currently marginalized and targeted groups are less likely to apply to opportunities unless they meet every single qualification in the posting. OUTniagara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment so we strongly encourage you to submit even if you don’t believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
OUTniagara is committed to being an equity driven, volunteer-run organization. In addition to the personal and professional experience within Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual/pansexual, transgender, gender non-conforming/ non-binary, queer, questioning, Intersex, and asexual/ demisexual communities, the OUTniagara selection committee will be prioritizing candidates from historically and presently excluded and marginalized communities and identities, such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, melanated/racialized/ those from the global majority, disabled, HIV positive, parents/ caregivers, and people with lived experience of poverty, mental illness, homelessness/ houselessness. We are seeking out the best fit for this project.
- Personal experiences within and/or extensive experience working with 2S & LGBTQQIA+ communities
- Understanding of the findings and recommendations within OUTniagara’s 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Strengths and Needs Assessment Report
- Understanding of the geographic and demographic makeup of the Niagara region
- Working knowledge of conflict resolution and mediation services across Ontario and Canada
- Working knowledge of Indigenous approaches to conflict resolution
- Understanding of multi-generational approaches to policy development and interpretation
- Professional, volunteer, or other relevant experience with building, implementing and utilizing conflict prevention and conflict resolution policies and protocols for not-for-profits, community groups, or businesses, or related fields of work (e.g. Somatic Sex Education, mediation services, etc.)
- Professional, volunteer, or other relevant experience with building, implementing, and utilizing transformative justice strategies for not-for-profits, community groups, or businesses, or related fields of work (e.g. Somatic Sex Education, mediation services, etc.)
- Understanding of policy requirements outlined in the AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act)
- Experience in facilitating community consultation sessions and trainings
- Proficiency (written and verbal) in English. French and any additional language proficiencies will also be viewed as an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary goal of the OUTniagara Conflict Prevention and Resolution Policy Toolkit is to take a transformative justice, anti-oppressive, and anti-racist framework to create a user-friendly protocol for the organization to prevent and address conflict faced by OUTniagara, both internally and externally.
In particular, the Consultant will complete the following deliverables by the conclusion of their contract:
- Review past and present organization policies related to governance and outreach, as well as any relevant information reports, assets, and tools to assess current state of conflict prevention and resolution practices being used by OUTniagara
- Consult with key community and/or internal stakeholders regarding conflict resolution processes and experiences
- Develop work plan and implementation tools for the OUTniagara Conflict Prevention and Resolution Policy Toolkit including:
- A complete OUTniagara Conflict Prevention and Resolution Policy, informed by existing OUTniagara policies and in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Process for assessing and revisiting the policy
- Templates for any relevant forms or documents outlined in the policy
- A community guide for Niagara-based organizations undertaking their own process for developing and implementing their own Conflict Prevention and Resolution Policy Toolkit
- List of relevant resources for the OUTniagara website
- Present the Toolkit to the OUTniagara Board, staff, and relevant bodies to ensure its successful implementation
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The total amount quoted shall be the Consultant’s all-inclusive fee (professional fee, mileage, incidentals, and any other applicable cost that may be possibly incurred by the consultant in completing the assignment). OUTniagara has a limited budget for French translation/facilitation, graphic design, and printing. Any payment schedule will be agreed upon and outlined in the consultant’s contract prior to beginning the work.
As this work is generously funded through Women and Gender Equality Canada, the budget constrained to the consultant fee guidelines laid out at $750 per day. We anticipate an equivalent of 6 days and a maximum budget available of $4,500.00.
Recommended Presentation of Offer
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualification:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability
- Personal resume, indicating all experience from similar projects as well as personal information
- Technical proposal (maximum 3 pages), including a) a brief description of why the individual considers themself as the most suitable for the assignment; and b) methodology on how they will approach and complete the assignment.
- Financial proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs
Incomplete proposals may not be considered.
Any questions can be directed to Kerry Goring or Jennifer Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for applications: Friday, November 11, 2022 at 4:30pm EDT
The Selection Committee will be contacting all applicable candidates for further discussions as necessary and providing decisions as early as November 21, 2022.
Please forward Presentation of Offer to: Kerry Goring, Co-Chair OUTniagara
Subject Line: Presentation of Offer: Conflict Prevention and Resolution Consultant