OUTniagara Fund Development Strategy Consultant Posting
Position: Fund Development Strategy Consultant
Tentative Start Date: December 2022
End Date: January 31, 2023 (tentatively)
Location: Niagara region
Position Type: Contract
Deadline to submit proposal: Friday, November 11, 2022 at 4:30pm ET
Summary of Role
Working with OUTniagara’s Fund Development Committee, Board of Directors, and Project staff where applicable, the Consultant will complete the scope of this work within an anti-oppression, anti-racism, equity, and inclusion lens to research, consult and create a multi-year finance-focused and collaborative roadmap for the sustainability of OUTniagara.
You do not need to have a formal consulting firm, agency, or business to be considered a qualified candidate for this position. Likewise, studies have shown that candidates from historically and currently marginalized and targeted groups are less likely to apply to opportunities unless they meet every single qualification in the posting. OUTniagara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment so we strongly encourage you to submit even if you don’t believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
OUTniagara is committed to being an equity driven, volunteer-run organization. In addition to the personal and professional experience within Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual/pansexual, transgender, gender non-conforming/ non-binary, queer, questioning, Intersex, and asexual/ demisexual communities, the OUTniagara selection committee will be prioritizing candidates from historically and presently excluded and marginalized communities and identities, such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, melanated/racialized/ those from the global majority, disabled, HIV positive, parents/ caregivers, and people with lived experience of poverty, mental illness, homelessness/ houselessness. We are seeking out the best fit for this project.
- Personal experiences within and/or extensive experience working with 2S & LGBTQQIA+ communities
- Understanding of the findings and recommendations within OUTniagara’s 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Strengths and Needs Assessment Report
- Understanding of the geographic, demographic and socio-economic makeup of the Niagara region, and its capacity for giving
- Understanding of a variety of digital platforms related to funding sustainability
- Successful track record (professional, volunteer, or other) with grant writing and reporting for not-for-profits, community groups, or businesses
- Successful track record (professional, volunteer, or other) creating multi-year fund development strategies for not-for-profits, community groups, or businesses
- Proficiency (written and verbal) in English. French and any additional language proficiencies will also be viewed as an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary goal of the OUTniagara Fund Development Consultant is to create a multi-year action plan to create long-term financial sustainability for OUTniagara. Within this strategy, it will outline multiple sources of funding available to OUTniagara, and ensure the OUTniagara team is prepared to implement the strategy by the conclusion of the contract. This project will also review the existing Community Fund, a community micro-grant program offered by OUTniagara, and work with the organization to evaluate and enhance this program.
In particular, the Consultant will complete the following deliverables by the conclusion of their contract:
- Review past fundraising activities, strategies, information reports, grant applications, list of donors, membership processes, policies, assets, and tools to assess current state of fundraising at OUTniagara. Review findings and recommendations of the Community Strength and Needs Assessments as they relate to Fund Development.
- Develop work plan and implementation tools for the OUTniagara Fund Development Committee to utilize including:
- Multi-year OUTniagara Fund Development Strategy, including an action plan and recommendations
- OUTniagara Case for Support, including any applicable promotional materials and template resource for building future Case for Support materials
- Comprehensive list of grants, bursaries, sponsorships, and other related funding opportunities available to OUTniagara on a local, Provincial, Federal, and International level
- Grant-writing resource that can be used for future grant applications
- Sustainer platforms, requirements, and feasibility, as well as other non-grant opportunities
- Process for assessing and revisiting the OUTniagara Fund Development Strategy, as needed
- OUTniagara’s Community Fund micro-grant program:
- develop program structure and evaluation protocol, incorporating recommendations for promotion for the fund within the Fund Development Strategy
- Train OUTniagara Fund Development Committee and relevant parties on new Fund Development Strategy and tools to ensure a successful implementation
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The total amount quoted shall be the Consultant’s all-inclusive fee (professional fee, mileage, incidentals, and any other applicable cost that may be possibly incurred by the consultant in completing the assignment). Any payment schedule will be agreed upon and outlined in the consultant’s contract prior to beginning the work.
As this work is generously funded through Women and Gender Equality Canada, the budget constrained to the consultant fee guidelines laid out at $750 per day. We anticipate an equivalent of 12 days and a maximum budget available of $9,000.00.
Recommended Presentation of Offer
Interested individuals/agencies must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualification:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability
- Personal resume, indicating all experience from similar projects as well as personal or related experience as it may apply to the scope of work
- Technical proposal (maximum 3 pages), including a) a brief description of why the individual considers themself as the most suitable for the assignment; and b) methodology on how they will approach and complete the project deliverables.
- Financial proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs
Incomplete proposals may not be considered.
Any questions can be directed to Kerry Goring or Jennifer Wallace at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday, November 11, 2022 at 4:30pm EDT
The Selection Committee will be contacting all applicable candidates for further discussions as necessary and providing decisions as early as November 21, 2022.
Please forward Presentation of Offer to: Kerry Goring, Co-Chair OUTniagara
Subject Line: Presentation of Offer: Fund Development