Join the OUTniagara Regional Advisory Committee!
OUTniagara has recently been awarded funding by Women and Gender Equality Canada (WAGE) to deliver OUTniagara’s project: Informed, Inclusive, Indivisible: Collectively Advancing 2SLGBTQ+ Equality in Niagara+, and we are looking for members to serve on a Regional Advisory Committee (RAC).
In their work, the RAC will be working with the OUTniagara team to:
- Increase access to evidence and stories of 2SLGBTQQIA+ people
- Guide the process of a Community Strengths and Needs Assessment
- Provide feedback on the findings of the Community Strengths and Needs Assessment
- Implement recommendations from the Community Strengths and Needs Assessment
Membership for the RAC shall not exceed 20 members, including up to two members of the OUTniagara Board of Directors. Participants in this committee will be provided an honorarium (some conditions apply).
Membership for the Regional Advisory Committee composition shall endeavour to be:
- A majority of BIPOC people with 2SLGBTQQIA+ lived experience;
- Multigenerational, including members all ages from youth to seniors;
- As accessible as possible to people with experiences of disability (visible and invisible), neurodiversity, addiction, mental illness, trauma, and other mental health considerations;
- Representative of all 12 local area municipalities that make up the Niagara region; and
- Individuals from diverse backgrounds to ensure that the composition of the committee reflects communities of interest within Niagara that may possess differing perspectives and experience in relation to 2SLGBTQQIA+ issues.
If you are interested in serving on the RAC, please email Laura at email@example.com with the following information by February 28, 2021:
- Your name & pronouns;
- Which part of the region you live in/most often reside;
- Your interest in participating on this committee;
- How you or your experiences fit the criteria outlined in the membership composition focus (see previous slide);
- How your experiences and/or position in the community would support the mandate of this committee
The work of this committee will take place primarily in English, however we have support in place to ensure French language speakers can also fully participate. If you have questions about accessibility needs to participate in this committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project concludes in March 2022, and it is anticipated that the RAC will meet monthly.