OUTniagara member appointed to LGBTQ2+ advisory committee
OUTniagara congratulates the persons who have been selected to sit on the recently formed LGBTQ2+ advisory committee for the City of St. Catharines.
We are especially pleased about the appointment of Marissa Daniels, treasurer of the OUTniagara board.
The other people appointed are Nona Bader, William Clarke-Coward, Marissa Daniels, Enzo DeDivitiis, Kerry Duncan, Rob Gill, Lindsay McCormick, Sharon Paton, LeeAnn Pocknell, and Stephanie Vail. Marla Terreberry-Portfilio, Human Resources Consultant, is the staff liaison.
OUTniagara looks forward to developing a working relationship with the City’s advisory committee so that the goals of the City and our partners can be achieved.
According to the City’s website, the LGBTQ2 advisory committee’s purpose is to:
- Promote and enhance St. Catharines as a welcoming city and improve the quality of life for all residents.
- Position the City, its advisory committees and City Council with knowledge and resources to encourage a range of perspectives, experiences and ideas in decision making.
- Advise City Council on eliminating barriers experienced by members of LGBTQ2+ communities in accessing and participating in City delivered public programs, services, and spaces.
- Provide advice on and support the development, review and implementation of the City’s public policies and programs, as they relate to the committee’s mandate.
- Work with community partners to organize civic events and recognize days or events that are significant to the LGBTQ2+ communities.
- Actively engage the community and provide public education on relevant programs, services and issues of interest.