OUTniagara supports Niagara’s local 2SLGBTQ+ community, works to amplify the voices in our community, acts as a public policy advocate and helps to build relationships within the community. In addition to adding your voice, members:
- can vote at the Annual Meeting of Members
- are eligible to run for a position on the Board of Directors and
- can join Board working groups and committees that guide the organization’s work.
Membership Year: Membership is valid until the next Meeting of Members, which usually takes place in the spring (between March and June of each year). Due to COVID-19, OUTniagara’s Annual Meeting of Members has been postponed until the Fall 2020. Membership for new members from April 2020 onward will not be required to renew their memberships to participate in the upcoming Annual Meeting of Members.
Suggested Annual Membership Fee: $20
PAY WHAT YOU CAN MEMBERSHIP FEE
What happens with your membership fee?
- 50% of your membership fee will go right back into the community through our Community Fund. The Community Fund assists local organizations, groups and individuals with their activities. More information on the Community Fund is here.
- 50% of your membership fee will help OUTniagara with its operational costs. OUTniagara is 100% volunteer-driven with minimal operational costs. Half of your membership fee will contribute to the sustainability of the organization, including this website, a community hub of information for all of us.
- Community Fund
- Operational Costs