OUTniagara supports Niagara’s local 2SLGBTQ+ community, works to amplify the voices in our community, acts as a public policy advocate and helps to build relationships within the community. In addition to adding your voice, members:
- can vote at the Annual Meeting of Members
- are eligible to run for a position on the Board of Directors and
- can join Board working groups and committees that guide the organization’s work.
Membership Year: Membership is valid until the next Meeting of Members, which usually takes place in the spring (between March and June of each year).
Annual Membership Fee: $20
OUTniagara aims to be accessible to all of Niagara’s 2SLGBTQ+ community and allies. A sliding scale membership fee is in place to assist those who are unable to contribute $20 as a membership fee. This option is available upon payment either via PayPal or cheque (more info in the application form below).
What happens with your membership fee?
- 50% goes back into the community through our Community Fund helping to sustain the activities and Niagara’s diverse 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- 50% helps OUTniagara with operational costs. OUTniagara is 100% volunteer-driven with minimal operational costs. Half of your membership fee will contribute to the sustainability of the organization, including this website, a community hub of information for all of us.
- Community Fund
- Operational Costs